How Clear Seas Research Considers And Approaches Your Challenge.
Understanding which research solution may achieve your research goals requires careful consideration of your information needs and a plan for how the information will be used for future decision making. The following steps may help you in determining which research solution is right for you:
STEP 1: Identify The Challenges You Are Currently Facing.
- How is your brand/product performing? Are sales increasing, decreasing or holding constant? Is your brand/product top-of-mind to those looking to make category purchases?
- Are you planning to grow your business or maintain current volumes? Are your marketing efforts as effective as they were five years ago? Is your online presence appropriate for your target customer? Are your marketing communications resonating with the desired audience, causing them to take action?
- Do you have a new product concept you are considering bringing to market? Do you understand the needs of your customers? Are customers interested in your new concept? At what price point will they purchase your new product? Does the new product possess all the desired attributes? Are the product benefits you’ve identified inline with the product benefits your customer sees?
- Are your customers happy? Are they loyal to you? Are they advocates for your brand? Do you know what it takes to delight them? Are you willing to make changes to provide them with an even better experience? Are you positively differentiating your company/products/brands from competitors?
STEP 2: Determine What Information You Need To Make Strategic Decisions.
Now that you’ve identified your main challenge(s) it’s time to think about how you’re going to use the information once you have it.
- What strategic decisions need to be made? Who will be using the information and for what purposes? Will you be prepared to make changes based on the research findings? What will happen if the results aren’t what you expect?
STEP 3: Identify Who You Need To Hear From To Gather The Required Information.
You’ve identified your main challenges and the information you need for strategic decision making. Who has the knowledge, experience, and insight to provide you with the information you need? What industry do they work in? What is their job title/job function? What brands/products do they need to have experience with? How recent should their experiences be? Do they need to be key decision makers? What other things are important to ensure the appropriate individual is providing the feedback you need?
STEP 4: Identify The Solution That Is Most Appropriate For Your Information Needs.
Look at you challenges, your information needs, the target audience, and your ability to implement change based on the results achieved.
- If your information needs are more focused on understanding your brand and how it is positioned relative to competitors a brand research study may be appropriate.
- If your information needs are more focused on understanding if your marketing is increasing awareness of your brand/product and how to encourage individuals to take action a marketing effectiveness research study may be right for you.
- If you have a new product you are looking to develop; preparing to launch; or considering updating a product development research solution may work.
- Or if you are looking to increase satisfaction with your product/brand/service to encourage loyalty and advocacy a customer satisfaction research solution may be right for you.
It is common for a mixed solution to be necessary in order to capture the information desired. Keep in mind that when you combine solutions each becomes a little diluted while you try to capture the information required without burdening your survey respondent. Often times it is better to prioritize the order of the desired information and allow the elements to build on each other rather than trying to fit everything into one survey.
Clear Seas Research can help you determine the most appropriate solution(s) for your research needs. Contact us now to schedule time to discuss your current challenges and how we may be able to assist in Making the Complex Clear.